With the impact of COVID-19 all around us, the way we work from our offices has changed in the long run. Many of us have adapted to the idea and flow of working from home, but this also gives a chance to organizations to work on restructuring and reevaluate the essentials of an actual workplace.
For entrepreneurs and team leaders, the question on the utility of a workplace is eminent. What function does the workplace fulfil? Is it a spot for recruiting new team members or is it a place that drives motivation? If your office space simply a place to communicate with your business partners or is it a place that pushes your team members to get out of their homes?
How the pandemic has changed the dynamics of a traditional office setup?
The pandemic has taught all of us that great, beneficial work can be commenced from anywhere, and organizations shouldn’t be wasting money on looking for better aesthetic alternatives in terms of offices spaces. Because now, the need for a traditional office space – which was mainly for the discussions and meetings with the team and associates – isn’t the requirement that organizations seek.
Video conferencing and virtual meetups can now be easily completed with the help of high-capacity internet and setups. With physical distancing being the norm these days, the need for personal work areas like private cabins for teams and leadership are also a few things that traditional office setups alone cannot fulfil.
This is where the requirement for flexible workspaces comes into the picture.
What are the major benefits of making this shift from traditional to flexible workspaces?
In this pandemic-hit world, flexible workspace solutions provide a unique vantage point for companies looking for some better alternatives. It offers the best of both worlds when building a perfect office environment: a value-driven office setup sans hefty lease terms, cost-effective, can be customized as per the needs and doesn’t come with any surprises.
- Flexible workspace as such becomes a great option for organizations for work collaboration, flexibility in payments, and even in adding aesthetic value in terms of branding and addition of talent in the team.
- Using a flexible workspace for networking opportunities and sharing ideas has also helped in increasing its popularity. If companies use their workspace wisely, it can be a goldmine for attracting not just new talent, but also better business contacts too.
- With the larger portion of the global workforce now working remotely due to COVID-19, there are several other restrictions that the employees face while commuting to work or at home. Here, flexible workspace options like coworking spaces allow much-missed networking and interactions, apart from offering better working environments.
- Many of the traditional office setups have to face clinical restrictions in COVID-19 times, where several buildings were shut. In those scenarios, a flexible workspace gives the availability for organizations to get dedicated seats for the workforce willing to work from the office and not from their homes. This is especially good for companies who are resuming their office for full-time workers.
- For organizations looking to facilitate a sense of community among their workers, opening location-based offices in a flexible setup allows better workflow and space for mental respite. This can be particularly appealing to teams that want to schedule client meetings or collaborative work sessions in a location that’s most convenient for all attendees.
- The value of flexible workspaces for teams in comparison to traditional offices is that this type of setup allows teams to remain agile and customize their workspace throughout various phases of growth.
- As flexible offices often have open-plan layouts, many operators can create completely custom setups for the team members.
In this present reality where wellbeing and safety of the office-goers have become essential concerns, organizations are getting reluctant to consolidated workspaces where infections like COVID-19 can easily spread.
Subsequently, flexible workspaces like coworking spaces and dedicated offices are filling in interest for their costs, adaptability and convenience—a pattern that will just keep on sustaining.
Looking for a flexible office space solution near you? Explore Incuspaze!